Monday, July 17, 2006

Clothing to match my mood (and, ok, my style)

It's convenient for me to say that I love Eventide because my summer has been ruined and it's so gothy, but to be entirely honest and un-dramatic, I'm pretty damn sure I'd love it anyway. Eventide is a young line of beautiful, simple, Edwardian-yet-perfectly-modern pieces, and their style (think high hems, babydoll dresses, and wide sleeves) is quite seriously right up my alley. I love classic but quirky, conservative but sexy, dark but beautiful, and all the other contradictions that I probably overdiscuss. Plus, it's amazingly bold and honest of the designers, Christian Stroble and Sarah Spratt to outrightly share that their look was influenced by the fact that they ". . . were so depressed after Bush won reeclection that we couldn't think of working with bright, happy colors." (quoted from Elle) I love it! Well, unhappy as I was too over the reelection, I must say, they work awfully well in black.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eventide is soooo hot. I love their newer stuff the best!

4:38 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

I love their new collection too. The problem is, it's not being sold online yet, so I couldn't find pictures. I agree that it's gorgeous, though!

5:40 PM  
Blogger La Principessa said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can find eventide online at www.eventide.us if you email them at sales@eventide.us they will totally help you out!

6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home